20 September 2010

Veterans National Day of Protest

Public Service Announcement


AREA: Newfoundland & Labrador

Veterans National Day of Protest


Disabled veterans of the RCMP and Canadian Armed Forces have not been getting the benefits they deserve. The New Veterans Charter does not meet the real needs of the veterans.

On 6 November at 11am, concerned Canadians will be gathering across Canada to show their support for our nation’s veterans.

The Provincial Capital Rally will be held at the National War Memorial in St. John's.


Rallies will also to be held at your MP’s offices:

Gander: Scott Simms’ office - 61 Elizabeth Drive

Grand Falls/Windsor: Scott Simms’ office - 1-A Pinsent Drive

Corner Brook: Gerry Byrne’s office - 14 Main Street

Happy Valley-Goose Bay: Todd Russell’s office - 169 Hamilton River Road

L'anse Au Loup: Todd Russell’s office - 53 Main Highway

Labrador City/Wabush: Todd Russell’s office - 118 Humphrey Road, Bruno Plaza

Stephenville: Judy Foote’s office - 83-B Main Street

Grand Bank: Judy Foot’s Office - 3 Church Street



Those who cannot attend rallies with the MPs are asked to gather at their local Canada Post office. Take a picture of your crew and their signs supporting Vets and submit them to ourduty.org


At 11 am on 6 November, join us in telling Ottawa:

Take Better Care of Our Veterans!

From more information and other ways your can help, visit ourduty.org

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, as a Vet, I will be there. But finding information about where was difficult: I thought I would attend our MP's office like the news articles suggest. It was only by chance (and determined searching) I found out that ours will be at the War Memorial. Please update the facebook page: let's not split our contingent out of misunderstanding.

    While by my occupation, I did not have the misfortune to be dispatched to a war zone, it HAS been my job to send people there. It had always been my belief while doing so, my comrads (many my friends) would be taken care of if the worst should happen. I am sickened, however, by our new VAC legislation. I HAVE written to my MP AND corresponded with journalists expressing my disappointment. As part of the process to send people into danger I feel responsible-something HAS to be done!

    ReplyDelete