12 July 2011
Communications Pro seeks income!
I've been looking for a paying gig for a while now. (Volunteering is great but it doesn't pay the bills.) I've done the usual upload-your-resume-to-our-site (and wonder for 6 months if we receive it, looked at it, or if the network just dumped it in the recycling bin in order to save everyone a lot of bother) and so-far, it's been a fruitless activity. So I'm putting it out there for the world to see. If you think my skills can fit your needs, contact me!
Employment or contract. Free consultations.
Jeff Rose-Martland's Resume - 12 July 2011
139 Campbell Ave , St. John’s, NL , A1E 2Z7 , (709) 739-1842 , email@example.com
- Media professional with 26 Years combined experience [Traditional, New, and Social media].
- Expert Social Media Marketer and Internet Content Developer.
- 11 Years experience in Public Relations and Promotions.
- Proficient researcher with exceptional planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
- Veteran of fast-paced environments who is able to achieve excellent results under pressure.
- Accomplished and award-winning author.
- Professional speaker who delivers messages effectively to diverse audiences.
- Talented communications professional able to develop and execute strategies for target groups.
- An exceptional communicator: passionate, engaging, and highly creative. Organized and detail oriented, a dynamic individual who sets priorities and achieves deadlines. An enthusiastic, results-oriented professional who works equally well independently or with a team. Superior interpersonal communications skills. Talented leader in customer service.
PUBLICITY & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- 15+ Years experience in promotions.
- 12+ Years experience in public relations.
- Communications Director for Hunger-Strike Veteran Fabien Melanson, solely designed and
executed the media campaign.
- Communications Director for Our Duty
- Publicity director and keynote speaker for the provincial committee of the Canadian Veterans
National Day of Protest rally, 6 November 2010.
- Developed and conducted media campaigns for advocacy, book promotion, and live
- 15+ Years experience as a writer.
- 11+ Years experience as a radio announcer.
- 3+ Years experience as frontline customer service agent in a contact centre environment.
- Author of three books: Game Misconduct, Call Centre: The Musical, and Please Hold! Ruminations of an
- Writing credits include The Newfoundland Quarterly, The Telegram, Broadcast Dialogue, NL Press,
Canadian Stories, The Hill Times, The Montreal Tribune, and other national newspapers.
- Ambassador Team - Communications Sub-Team, 2006-08, Convergys Customer Management.
Responsible for creating content for monthly internal publication.
SOCIAL MEDIA and INTERNET
- 16 Years experience in Internet use and electronic communications
- 14 Tears experience in Social Media, from chat rooms to current trends
- Highly skilled in the use of Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, YouTube, MySpace, LinkedIn,
EmpireAvenue and other social networks for promotion.
- Manage online presence for freelance work, Game Misconduct (novel), and Our Duty (advocacy).
- Social media consultant and publicist for veterans’ advocacy groups and events.
- Manage two websites: design, generate content, basic HTML knowledge.
- Knowledgeable of embedding techniques and multimedia site content.
- Generate and distribute content via blog. Experienced live-blogger for events.
- Proficient with Search Engine Optimization and Analytics.
- Recipient of the 2005 Percy Janes First Novel Award.
- President of advocacy group Our Duty.
- Provincial Coordinator 2010 Canadian Veterans’ National Day of Protest - NL.
- Guest Panellist for the 2010 Winterset in Summer literary festival.
- Finalist for the 2009 CBC Creative Non-Fiction Award.
- Guest lecturer in 2009 for Henry Stewart Talks, Contact Center Management, by personal request of
Stagg, A.M. (ed.), former chair of the U.K. Contact Centre Organization
- FABIEN MELANSON – Communications Director, Social Media Coordinator – May 2011 – Present
- OUR DUTY - Founder, President, Policy Analyst, Public Relations, 2010 - Present.
- FREELANCE - Writer / Social Media Marketer, 2002 – Present.
- CONVERGYS CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT CANADA - St. John’s, NL - Customer Service
Representative II, July 2005 - November 2008; Ambassador Team - Communications Sub-Team, 2006 - 2008.
- UN CONFERENCE ON THE GOVERNANCE OF THE HIGH SEAS AND THE
UNITED NATIONS FISH AGREEMENT - St. John's, NL - Ministerial Driver, May 2005.
- VOCM - STEELE COMMUNICATIONS - St. John's, NL - Announcer / Operator, 1999 - 2004.
- JUNO AWARDS - St. John's, NL - Offsite Performance Co-ordinator, April 2002.
- FREELANCE - Associate Producer, St. John's, NL - Shakespeare By the Sea, 1998; Recycled Shakespeare Company, 1997-1999; Headstrong Todd Productions, 1997-1999.
- ELECTRONICS COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST
College of the North Atlantic - St. John's, NL - 1989 to 1992.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES: Theatre, Video Production, Telecommunications,
Customer Communications, Others - Memorial University and Convergys Online.
Writing Samples and References Available Upon Request.